Precedent: Package Units
3 a 10 TON PACKAGED ROOFTOPS
This line of packaged units ranges from 3 to 10 tons. This factory assembled product is available in cooling/gas heat, cooling/electric heat, and heat pump models. A packaged unit is a heating or cooling unit that is self-contained.
Precedent...The Perfect Light Commercial Solution
Things like a compact cabinet, variety of motor and drive types, reversible drain pan, and range of gas and electric heat options make Precedent the perfect choice in either new construction or the replacement market.
The Trane Reputation
Perhaps most impressive, Precedent carries the Trane reputation for excellence, quality, and reliability.
Features and Benefits
- Compact cabinet - Aesthetically pleasing, takes less room in warehouse, lower shipping costs.
- One piece beveled and ridged top - Prevents water from pooling. Ridges give added strength to top.
- Smoother design with rounded corners - Eliminates sheet metal cuts from sharp edges.
- Recessed access handles - Reduced shipping damage. No broken handles from person standing on handle.
- Two cabinet sizes 3-5 tons with identical footprints - One roofcurb fits both.
- Two cabinet sizes 6-10 tons with identical footprints - One roofcurb fits both.
- Standard through the base condensate connections - Allows condensate drain through the curb instead of via a roof penetration.
- Patent Pending hybrid 1+1+1 multi-row coil with gaps - Easy to clean design – 1 person 30 minutes.
- Trane built scroll compressors - We control the reliability.
- Forklift openings on three sides - Easier to maneuver unit, designed to meet common shackle size.
- One piece base pan - Eliminates water leakage.
- Progressive tubular gas heat exchanger with stainless steel burners - Eliminates need for tubulators, allows for compact cabinet, includes positive pressure gas valve, reliable and proven direct spark ignition. Stainless steel inshot burners for corrosion resistance.
- Factory Mutual (FM) accepted as standard - Eliminates need for costly design special adds to meet FM requirements.
- Reduced crating - Less waste to dispose of at installation. Less waste to dispose of at installation.
With Added Flexibility
- Packaged gas/electric, cooling, or heat pump.
- Convertible airflow.
- Electromechanical or ReliaTel microprocessor controls.
- Standard or high efficiency cooling capacities.
- Low, medium or high heat capacities.
- Direct or belt drive – standard or oversized motors. Choose motor that best meets airflow requirements (see evaporator fan tables on TraneNet).
- 1" throwaway filters with filter rack, convertible in field to accept 2" filters (3-5 tons). 2" throwaway filters (6-10 tons).
- No prepackaged options. Choose options tailored to suit each job – pay only for what is needed.
- Units ship with options installed – and within our standard "shortest in the industry" ship cycle time.